Databases are the center of today’s enterprise and web applications, storing and protecting an organization’s most valuable assets and running business-critical applications. Just minutes of downtime can often result in significant amounts of lost revenue and unsatisfied customers. Making database applications highly available is therefore a top priority for all organizations.
- Software upgrade (OS patches, SQL Server cumulative updates)
- Hardware/BIOS upgrade
- Datacenter failure (natural disasters, fire)
- Server failure (failed CPU, bad network card)
- I/O subsystem failure (disk failure, controller failure)
- Software/Data corruption (application bugs, OS binary corruptions)
- User Error (shutdown a SQL service, dropped a table)